Taking environmentally challenged properties and remediating them to a re-usable condition is the heart of Bowers Development’s approach to real estate. Our extensive environmental expertise, in both contaminated buildings and vacant industrial sites, sets us far above traditional developers.
We know and welcome the challenges typically associated with at-risk properties, and excel at overcoming them. Whether we are addressing groundwater contaminants, soil pollution, or contaminated buildings and related materials, we have the talent and experience to properly identify and remove these obstacles. Having provided these services through our sister organization AECC Inc., for years, we can now apply this knowledge to the real estate development industry and reduce the demand for new construction on green space and redirect it to remediated sites.
Our project in Canastota, NY is a prime example of this approach. A formerly contaminated 7-acre site will soon be home to a new 50,000sf manufacturing building providing employment for 70 people, with room for expansion.
Overcoming Environmental Challanges:
- Overall site assessment
- Analyze soil composition and identify problems
- Determine remediation costs
- Assess remedial alternatives
- Develop innovative/cost effective remedial approach
- Oversee Brownfield Cleanup Application process
- Manage remediation
- Return site to productive use
- Develop low-impact projects on formerly contaminated sites